Reloop BEATPAD-2 BeatPad 2 2-Deck DJ Controller
Reloop's BeatPad 2 offers cross-platform compatibility with iOS and Android devices, along with Mac and Windows computers, giving you the flexibility to get work done no matter what type of device you want to use. This controller was designed with DJAY 2 software in mind and offers seamless integration with the app version on iOS/Andriod or DJAY Pro on a Mac. If you're using Traktor or Virtual DJ, BeatPad 2 plays nice with them as well.
This 2-deck DJ controller comes equipped with a total of 16 RGB-backlit, touch-sensitive drum pads with four available modes to suit your performing needs; choose from Hot Cue, Auto Loop, TouchFX, and Slicer modes. When using Hot Cue mode, 8 cue points and 6 samples per deck and be triggered from the drum pads, while the Auto Loop mode allows you to activate an automated loop in 8 different lengths from the drum pads. When you activate the TouchFX mode, you can make use of the effects section of DJAY 2 to activate 8 different effects presets, and the Slicer mode divides the track up into short segments that can be activated via the drum pads for on-the-fly remixing.
Both channels on this controller are equipped with a 3-band EQ section with dedicated high- and low-pass filters so you can create unique remixes of songs simply by boosting or cutting certain frequencies. Also, when you need to change the tempo of a track to match another, the key lock tool on the BeatPad 2 will keep a track's tone pitch the same. The Key Match tool will automatically adjust the key of a track to match another for harmonic mixing capabilities.
BeatPad 2 is equipped with plenty of connections for whatever setup you're working with, as there are balanced XLR and unbalanced RCA master outputs, along with a switchable phono/line RCA input for connecting a turntable, CD player, or a portable media player. There's also a direct connection for iPads and a USB output for connecting to a computer. Plus, there are two headphone jacks on the front of the unit, featuring both 1/8" and 1/4" connections.
Reloop BeatPad 2 Specifications:
- Classic 2-channel design
- 1 Pro crossfader
- 2 Volume controls with pro line faders
- EQ preset switch for two dedicated filters and 2-band EQ or 3-band EQ respectively
- 2 Gain dials
- Player Section:
- (2) 15.5 cm touch-sensitive, 2-part jog wheels for scratching, cueing, etc
- Multicolor LED jog wheel border
- Various jog modes (scratch & pitch bend, quick search)
- 2 High-resolution 100 mm pitch faders without lock point
- Multi-sensorial pad section per deck with 8 touch-sensitive drum pads
- Performance mode section with multicolor RGB LEDs
- Master Section:
- Cue mix, headphones volume, aux volume, and master control
- Especially large Trax encoder for fast and easy music library browsing (with 2 load buttons)
- Dimensions: 460 mm x 42 mm x 325 mm
- Weight: 4.0 kg
- System Requirements DJAY for Mac:
- Mac OS X 10.9+
- Additional RAM recommended for large music libraries
- USB 2.0 port
- System Requirements DJAY 2 for iOS:
- iOS 7 or higher
- iPad generation 2 or higher
- System Requirements DJAY 2 for Android: Andriod5.0
- DJAY LE Mac edition DJ software available as download
- Includes USB, Lightning, and Android OTG cables and power supply unit